Headquartered in Vancouver, Roots of Fight is a lifestyle media and apparel brand that pays homage to icons of sport and popular culture since 1999. Through capsule collections of clothing and unique, professionally produced content, featuring original footage and interviews we are able to connect icons and their own histories to audiences with the icons they have come to love. We are a design-driven, detail-oriented, innovative company that creates opportunities for individuals who like a challenge, enjoy an upbeat work atmosphere and take pride in their work.
We appreciate the time that all applicants have taken when applying for the available positions, however, only the candidates that are chosen for an interview will be notified by phone and email. Thank you for your interest in Roots of Fight.
Creative / Design Artist
Role and Responsibilities
We are searching for an experienced creative designer to join our team with a focus on graphic design for apparel and story telling. The primary tasks will include:
- Research our licensed properties, their histories and develop design concepts and capsules for current brand categories.
- Interpret creative direction into relevant graphic art that is able to be translated and executed in the production of apparel and the tools to market these items visually through traditional and social media channels. Story, marketing, seasons, print techniques and garment construction constraints must be understood and these parameters must be worked within.
- Research current styles and trends as directed
- Set up final art files for screen printing and product manufacturing
- Attend and assist in final graphic sizing for garment placements, fittings to ensure proper fit and aesthetic as well as adornment options for different applications.
- Coordinate with technical designers to make sure all production requirements such as colors, trims, fabric quality, accessories, packaging and fit are met.
Required Qualifications: Required Skills and Traits
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic or Textile Design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of design experience (within an apparel or print company preferred)
- Candidate must be able to work under direction of the Chief Creative Officer
- Must be organized and committed and able to work to timelines outlined on the company calendar
- Strong artist skills including hand drawing, painting, typography, color theory, texture and visual presentation.
- Strong graphic production/design skills, including image color correction, photo editing, image formats sizing and conversions, resolutions, alpha channels, layering, masking, vector graphic illustration and manipulation, text layout & effects, typography and illustration
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of different artwork techniques standard in fashion apparel including screen printing, appliqués, embellishments, embroidery, sublimation, discharge printing, water base, plastisol and specialty inks.
- Technical proficiency with apparel and print separation work and a clear understanding of spot colors, resolution, and ink coverage
- Experience in merchandise and/or apparel a plus
- Experience with specialty and mid-tier retailers a plus
- Experience using Ned Graphics/Design and Repeat or other Pattern Design programs is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Please send a cover email describing your interest in the position and your salary requirements. Only resumes with cover letters that clearly illustrate why you meet the above requirements will be considered. Please submit resumes in PDF format. Position is subject to change and will grow with candidate’s ability.
Apply for Creative / Design Artist - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a local lifestyle media and apparel brand that pays homage to icons of sport and popular culture since 1999. Through capsule collections of clothing and unique, professionally produced content, featuring original footage and interviews we are able to connect icons and their own histories to audiences with the icons they have come to love.
Our Vancouver office is looking to hire a local candidate who will be responsible for a wide range of tasks touching all of our 3+ social channels, from securing copy for Instagram to posting articles to Facebook, interacting with fans, and identifying trending social stories for ROF to hit. You are a hands-on person, love to problem solve, and are methodical in your approach.
Your responsibilities will cover, but will not be limited to:
- Under guidance of Operations Manager ensure all ads have gone through relevant approval process and campaigns are edited and scheduled accordingly
- Manage and coordinate all Social Media contests with relevant parties
- Create and send newsletters for new collection launches, anniversaries, special events
- Ensure that published stories are shared across all ROF social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and IG, using tools such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite to ensure a consistent social publishing stream.
- Under guidance of the Operations Manager collaborate with our licensors on marketing initiatives.
- Utilize as many platforms as possible to get our branding and message across with Facebook being one of the main growth channels for 2017
- Identify trending social stories that are relevant to our audience.
- Ensure Ecom site text is up to date, relevant and educational for consumers
- Explore and recommend all mainstream and some emerging social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr etc
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager performs/completes other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- Skilled in backend Social Media platforms, including posting and tagging with the ability to run complex ad campaigns
- Skilled in use of analytic tools (Google analytics, Social listening).
- Expert in analyzing trends using quantitative techniques and converting findings into actionable recommendations for marketing or ecommerce teams
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, Content Management Programs and Email and Marketing Software (i.e. Constant Contact)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, lead multiple projects, prioritize, and manage a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Apple computers
- Team-oriented with positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Please send a cover email describing your interest in the position and your salary expectations. Only resumes with cover letters that clearly illustrate why you meet the above requirements will be considered. Please submit resumes in PDF format. Position is subject to change and will grow with candidate’s ability.
Apply for Marketing Coordinator - Email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Roots of Fight.